Today is Prince George of Cambridge’s 7th birthday! New photos were released last night to mark the occasion.
The young Royal is currently third in line to the throne, and is set to reign as King George VII.
1) At the age of 7, he already has three official tours under his belt. In April 2014, Prince George accompanied his parents on an official three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia, making his second appearance at Wellington Airport and attending his first ever engagement at a Plunket playdate! In September 2016, he and Princess Charlotte headed to Canada, while 2017 saw the family visit Poland and Germany.
2) Prince George was the fifth ‘senior’ royal baby to be born at the Lindo Wing, and the 11th member of the extended Royal Family to make his entrance at St Mary’s. His father and uncle were delivered there, as well as Peter and Zara Phillips, and various other royal cousins including Lady Gabriella Windsor, and The Earl of Ulster.
3) He was part of a historic moment when he was photographed with The Queen, his father and grandfather for his christening in 2013 – a four-generation photo that has only been replicated with Queen Victoria in the 1890s.
4) In 2018, he became the youngest person to appear on Tatler’s Best Dressed list. He was just six at the time!
5) The future King has largely been shielded from the limelight by his parents, who want him to have a normal childhood. The public has largely seen him grow up in the dozen official photos released of him – for example on birthdays and big life events like starting school – and since 2015, his attendance at Trooping the Colour.
7) His birth broke a number of traditions, including that the palace released the news to the press before the traditional easel was placed outside Buckingham Palace. George’s birth was also the first to be marked with coins from the Royal Mint, as well as in Canada and Australia.