Today marks the 3rd birthday of Princess Charlotte and so we thought we’d take a look back at some of her cutest moments. Since we were first introduced to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s daughter outside the Lindo Wing, we’ve watched her grow into an adorable, confident little girl who has already mastered the royal wave!
1. We had to include a baby picture amongst Charlotte’s cutest moments – let’s remember the adorable pictures which were released of new big brother Prince George holding his baby sister. Will we soon seen a repeat of these pictures with the Cambridges’ third child, Prince Louis Arthur Charles?
2. We were also lucky enough to be shown photographs from the Cambridge family’s holiday, where both Prince George and Princess Charlotte saw snow for the first time. Charlotte, wrapped up warmly in a white snow suit and pink hat, looked delighted with her first glimpse of real snow!
3. For Princess Charlotte’s first birthday, Kensington Palace released new photos of the little royal, taken by her mother, The Duchess of Cambridge. At this point, the princess, who is fourth in line to the throne, was already tottering around.
4. In June 2016, Princess Charlotte made her debut appearance at Trooping the Colour, joining her extended family on Buckingham Palace’s famous balcony. The Duchess held her daughter in her arms to make sure she could see what was happening, and Charlotte happily waved to the crowds during the balcony appearance.
5. In September 2016, the little Princess made her first overseas trip, visiting Canada with her mum, dad and brother, Prince George. Princess Charlotte stole many hearts on this trip, as it was the first time we really had a chance to see her personality. We also had a chance to see just how much William and Kate’s daughter loves balloons – at a children’s party, Charlotte made her way swiftly to the balloon arch, giggling as she played with them.
— ITV News (@itvnews) 29 September 2016
6. Last year, Princess Charlotte was a flower girl for her aunt, Pippa Middleton, during her wedding to James Matthews. Sporting a flower headband and carrying a little wicker basket, Charlotte was adorable! Hopefully we will see her repeat this role at her uncle Harry’s wedding to Meghan Markle, although this has yet to be confirmed.
— Grazia UK (@GraziaUK) 20 May 2017
7. For Charlotte’s birthday last year, Kensington Palace released one new image of the Princess, once again taken by The Duchess of Cambridge. Many people have remarked on the similarity between Charlotte and her great-grandmother, The Queen, in this picture.
8. Last year, the Cambridges travelled to Germany and Poland for an official visit. Cue one of Princess Charlotte’s cutest moments – upon arrival in Berlin, Charlotte was presented with her own mini bouquet of flowers. The little princess looked delighted, and smelled the flowers as she walked down the runway.
— Happy Birthday Charlotte! (@Baby2Royal) 20 July 2017
9. In January of this year, Princess Charlotte started nursery school. The Palace released pictures of the Queen’s great-granddaughter on her first day; Charlotte posed on the steps of Kensington Palace, looking excited for her big day!
10. Last but not least, we just had to include Charlotte’s most recent appearance, when she and Prince George visited their new baby brother in the hospital. While her older brother looked nervous and avoided gazing at the cameras, Charlotte waved furiously at the cameras as she tip-toed between the car and the famous Lindo Wing doors. She even turned round for one last look (and wave!) at the photographers before heading inside – she’s a natural!
We still haven’t received any official photographs for Princess Charlotte’s third birthday, but we’re sure to see more of the Cambridges’ daughter in the coming months, with Harry and Meghan’s wedding and Trooping the Colour in the pipeline. Let’s hope for more cute moments from the little Princess!