While our top news stories of 2020 haven’t been that surprising, there were a few in our top blogs of the year!
Everyone loves the sparkles, it seems, three of the top 10 focusing on jewellery, with biographies of interesting historic figures thrown in for good measure.
1) Queen Mary’s fringe tiara is a piece still worn by The Queen today. We took a look at its (sparkly) history.
2) In a pretty joyless year, the engagement rings of the royal ladies made it just a little bit better with all those close ups. Whose is your favourite?
3) Princess Louise was a daughter of Queen Victoria’s and also something of a rebel. Read about her extraordinary life.
4) We spoke to Royalty Now (Rebecca) an America digital designer, who has made historic figures modern. Her extensive work can be seen on her instagram channel.
5) Mustique is an island like no other, and is a favoured holiday destination of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and once of Princess Margaret. See the gorgeous villas and landscapes the island offers – those who can afford it!
6) Back in March, it was announced that Princess Beatrice would marry fiance Edo in the Chapel Royal at St James’s Palace, a location no stranger to a royal wedding. We took a look at its interior and history.
7) 2020 marked 28 years since The Princess of Wales cooperated with Andrew Morton on her ‘True Story’ book. How did the book come to pass and what did it tell us – or not?
8) Queen Mary was an avid collector, expanding the vaults of the palace significantly. Take a look at her tastes and the impact she had on the Royal Collection.
9) Alan Turing was a brilliant mathematician, whose work helped to crack the German Enigma code in the Second World War; he saved thousands of lives and helped to shorten the war. Secretly gay, his treatment by the government because of his sexuality led to his tragic demise.
10) One of the most interesting pieces in The Queen’s collection is the Vladimir tiara, with Russian connections and changeable pendants. Simply stunning!
Did you miss anything from the list? Let us know your favourite of these articles!