Buckingham Palace have announced more details of The Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral. The guests at Prince Philip’s funeral are limited to 30 people, in line with Covid restrictions.
The group is comprised of:
- The Queen
- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
- The Duke and The Duchess of Cambridge
- The Duke of Sussex
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex, Lady Louise Windsor, and James, Viscount Severn
- Princess Anne and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence
- Prince Andrew
- Peter Philips
- Zara and Mike Tindall
- Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
- Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank
- Lady Sarah and Mr Daniel Chatto
- Earl of Snowdon
- The Duke of Gloucester
- The Duke of Kent
- Princess Alexandra
- The Hereditary Prince of Baden
- The Landgrave of Hesse
- Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- Countess Mountbatten of Burma
The funeral procession walking with the coffin includes: Prince Charles, Princess Anne, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of Sussex, Peter Philips, Sir Tim Lawrence, and The Earl of Snowdon.
It has been announced no members of the Royal Family will wear military uniform and all guests will be in morning coat with medals or day dress. It had been suggested that Prince Andrew would be allowed to wear full military uniform, but Prince Harry would not, understandably angering many.
Military involvement will include a party of Grenadier Guards to carry the coffin from the private chapel in Windsor Castle to the specially-designed Land Rover, and a group of Royal Marines will carry the coffin into St George’s Chapel.