As 2021 draws to a close, we have taken a look at the most-read articles across the site in 2021.
The Crown Chronicles published 240 pieces of content in the last 12 months, to keep you up to date with the Royal Family and inform you about the past. But which did you most enjoy?
1) The newest exhibition at Kensington Palace brought the late Princess of Wales’ iconic wedding dress to her former home
2) 2022 marks The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, which has seen the release of a new medal, which will be awarded.
3) Following the tragic discovery of Sarah Everard’s body in March, The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted amongst the public, laying flowers in her memory.
4) In at number four is Camilla’s launch of her Reading Room at the beginning of 2021. As a keen reader herself, The Duchess of Cornwall wanted to use the power of literature to seek joy in a gloomy world and unite people.
5) It seems we have a lot of bookworms! Season 3 of the Reading Room launched and this was the fifth most-read article of the year on TCC.
6) We were all very impressed with The Duchess of Cambridge’s musical skills when she performed as part of the Together at Christmas carol concert earlier in December.
7) The guest list for the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral caught many people’s eye, since the pandemic restricted the gathering to just 30 people closest to the Prince Consort.
8) The anniversary of Charles I’s death in January was of interest to many readers, exploring what happened to cause the regicide.
9) The Duke of Cambridge gave a video statement in response to the BBC’s report into his mother’s Panorama interview with Martin Bashir, which concluded there were multiple things wrong with obtaining the interview.
10) A book from Hever Castle revealed more secrets, showing loyalty to the executed Queen decades after her death in 1536.