Figures from 2023 have shown The King is the ‘hardest working’ Royal of 2023, after carrying out 516 engagements, both overseas and across the UK.
Since Charles acceded to the throne just over a year ago, there have been an increasing amount of duties and responsibilities for The King, including taking care of his daily red box of government papers. The only days His Majesty doesn’t work is Christmas Day and Sunday.
Anne has often been praised as hardworking, so it’s no surprise to royal watchers that she has taken the second spot with 410 total (UK and abroad). The Princess undertook numerous visits abroad in 2023 alongside her schedule of hundreds of local visits.
In at third was The Duke of Edinburgh, after completing 259 engagements, while Queen Camilla came in fourth with 218 engagements.
Here’s the full list of the Royal Family ranked:
– 1st: The King undertook 516 engagements
– 2nd: Princess Anne performed 410
– 3rd: The Duke of Edinburgh carried out 259 visits
– 4th: Queen Camilla had 218 engagements
– 5th: The Duke of Gloucester undertook 190 engagements
– 6th: The Duchess of Edinburgh carried out 179 engagements
– 7th: The Prince of Wales completed 175 engagements
– 8th: The Princess of Wales carried out 134 engagements
– 9th: The Duchess of Gloucester carried out 110 engagements
– 10th: The Duke of Kent completed 75 engagements
– 11th: Princess Alexandra carried out 4 engagements
Most members of the Royal Family undertook a greater number of duties and engagements than in 2022, which largely reflects their new positions within the Royal Family, such as William and Catherine becoming The Prince and Princess of Wales, and some moving closer to the throne.
The research was conducted by Tim O’Donavan for his annual assessment in The Times.