Here is what the Royal Family will be doing this week – plenty of upcoming engagements and visits before Christmas in the Royal Diary.
– Prince Harry will pay HIV specialist centre Mildmay Hospital in Shoreditch a visit, for the official opening of their new facilities.
– The Princess Royal starts her week with a carol service at Crown Court Church, London, as a warden of Gordonstoun School, which she attended as a child.
– The Prince of Wales will be in Merthyr Tydfill visiting Keir Hardie University Health Park. Charles will then pay Teach First Cymru’s Leadership Development Programme a visit, hosted at at Pen-y-dre High School.
– Meanwhile, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall continues the annual tradition of decorating the Clarence House Christmas Tree with children supported by Helen & Douglas House, one of her patron ages, and the The London Taxidrivers’ Fund for Underprivileged Children.
– Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is to be a guest at the Anna Freud Centre Family School’s Christmas party at the Anna Freud Centre, London.
– In Liverpool, Princess Anne will open the Sid Watkins Building at The Walton Centre. As patron of Catch22, Anne will open the ‘Safeguarding Futures’ Conference at St. George’s Hall on that day also.
– Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, as joint president of Cancer Research UK, will attend a service of carols, music and readings at St. Paul’s Cathedral.
– Sophie, Countess of Wessex will attend the Canine Partners carol service at The Guards Chapel, Wellington Barracks, for their 25th anniversary.
– Olympia, The London International Horse Show in Hammersmith will have The Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne visit. The two hold the positions of patron of the British Equestrian Federation, and president of World Horse Welfare respectively.
– Anne keeps busy before Christmas, visiting the South West and South Central Bristol National Probation Service, as well as the Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire Community Rehabilitation Company in Weston-Super-Mare. She does so as patron of the Butler Trust. Then in Bristol, The Princess Royal is to open the Elephant Eden Enclosure at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, before opening the East Terminal Extension at Bristol Airport.
– The Countess of Wessex will attend the Children’s Christmas Party in the Paediatric Clinic, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading.
– It is expected The Queen will leave for Sandringham on this day.
This is, currently, the last official engagement of the month.