The Royal Diary on The Crown Chronicles is here to keep you informed of the latest Royal engagements carried out by the Royal Family.
What engagements will the Royal Family carry out this week?
9th November 2015:
- Prince Charles and Camilla continue their tour of New Zealand. They will visit New Plymouth airport for its 75th birthday, before having tea in Taranaki and having a walkabout. Charles will head to the coastal walkway, while the Duchess spends time at the Len Lye centre. Charles will then visit a dairy farm, and Camilla will visit Pukekura Park Fernway. Finally, Prince Charles will meet with both Labour leader Andrew Little and Prime Minister John Key back in Auckland.
- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex will hold a dinner at Windsor Castle for The Central Caribbean Marine Institute, as their patron.
10th November 2015:
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh will open the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining’s new premises in London, as an Honorary Fellow. Later, the Duke will attend Evensong for members of the Order of the British Empire at St. Paul’s Cathedral, as Grand Master.
- Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall are to round off their tour with a visit to the Spirit of New Zealand in Auckland. They then depart for Sydney, where the Royal couple will spend time at Seppeltsfield Winery, Barossa Valley. Next, Camilla will visit Government House to take part in a round table discussion on domestic violence, with a visit to the South Australian Museum afterwards, while Charles will visit a sustainable housing development in Adelaide.
The Earl of Wessex will spend his day at RAF Waddington, Lincoln, as Honorary Air Commodore.
Meanwhile, Sophie, Countess of Wessex begins her visit to New York.
The Princess Royal’s day will see her attend the Annual Conference of World Horse Welfare at the Royal Geographical Society, London; Princess Anne is President of the organisation. She will also host a dinner for Opportunity International United Kingdom at Buckingham Palace, as their patron, that evening.
The Duke of Gloucester will attend a reception for Brazilian Health Ministers at the Tower Bridge.
- The Duke of Edinburgh as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, will chair the Regimental Council Meeting
- Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the Remembrance Day service at the Australian War Memorial, Canberra, marking the anniversary of Gallipoli. Camilla is to visit French Black Truffles of Canberra, while Charles pays the National Museum of Australia a visit. The couple will then rejoin for a tree planting at the National Arboretum. That afternoon the couple will spend at Government House, where they will meet Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Opposition Leader Bill Shorten.
- The Earl of Wessex Trustee for The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, will hold a World Fellowship Lunch at Buckingham Palace.
- Continuing her visit to New York, The Countess of Wessex will attend an Armistice Day Service at The Queen Elizabeth II September 11th Garden in Hanover Square. She will also visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
- Princess Anne will attend the Armistice Day Service of Remembrance at the National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire. Then, Anne will travel to Wrexham to pay Mobile Support Services a visit in her role as patron of Tenovus Cancer Care, before attending a Charity Raceday at the Racecourse as President of Animal Health Trust. Lastly, The Princess Royal will be attending a Livery Dinner at the Fishmongers’ Hall, London Bridge, as the Renter Warden of the Company.
The Duke of Gloucester, as Commodore of the Royal Ulster Yacht Club, will attend a lunch at the Royal Thames Yacht Club, after which he will attend a dinner at Spencer House, London, in his role as patron of Heritage of London Trust.
Meanwhile, The Duchess of Gloucester will make an appearance at a reception at the Institute of Neurology, University College London, for The Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) Association, as their Royal patron.
The Duke of Kent’s evening will be spent at the Restore concert at the 20th Century Theatre, as their patron.
- The Queen will visit the Home Office to mark the 10th anniversary of the Civil Service Awards. That evening she and Prince Philip will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for winners of the 2015 Civil Service Awards.
- The Duke of Edinburgh, Freeman and Liveryman, the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers, will attend a Luncheon at Fishmongers’ Hall, London Bridge.
- Spending the day in Sydney, Prince Charles and Camilla continue their tour of Australia.
- Camilla is to visit Oz Harvest charity, and pay The Royal Australian Corps of Military Police a visit at their barracks, as Colonel-in-Chief.
- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex is to visit the Muslim Burial Ground, Horsell Common, Woking.
- Travelling to Toronto, The Countess of Wessex will visit the Toronto Council Fire Native Cultural Centre, as well as attending a lunch at the Lieutenant Governor’s Suite, before paying a visit to the Native Child and Family Services of Toronto. That evening, Sophie will attend a Partners for Discovery Annual Members’ Dinner as patron of Toronto General Hospital.
- The Princess Royal’s day will see her attend the Annual Conference for the Royal National Children’s Foundation, before a luncheon and Meeting at the Fishmongers’ Hall for the Fishmongers’ Company. Princess Anne will later attend an Awards Ceremony as Royal patron of Women in Science, Technology and Engineering (WISE).
- The Duke of Gloucester will officially open the Design Centre at Merchant Taylors’ School, Northwood.
- In the Midlands, The Duke of Kent will visit ATP Industries Group in Cannock, then head to VAST, The Hub, in Stafford. Prince Edward’s next engagement is to present a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015, to LA International in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is to visit 1 Assault Group of the Royal Marines at HM Naval Base Devonport, Plymouth, as the Captain General of the Royal Marines.
- The Earl of Wessex will visit Camberley Heath Golf Club in Surrey.
- The Countess of Wessex will visit the Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital in Toronto as their patron, followed by a meeting for the organisation, and a trip to the 93rd Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. In the afternoon, Sophie, as Colonel in Chief of the Lincoln and Welland Regiment, is to watch a field training exercise in Grimsby, and then will attend a private reception and dinner for the Toronto General Hospital on the evening.
- Princess Anne has an equestrian-themed event – she will open the new Grandstand at Cheltenham Racecourse.
- Prince Charles will celebrate his 68th birthday with a beachside BBQ in Cottesloe, Perth.
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex, continues her visit to Toronto
- Once again in the Midlands, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent will visit the Herbert Art Gallery, Jordan Well, Coventry, to view works depicting the wartime destruction of Coventry and Dresden. He will then join a human chain around Coventry City centre to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the bombing of the city, before attending a concert to commemorate the anniversary of the damage to the Cathedral at Coventry Cathedral.
The Crown Chronicles will keep you updated with the latest Royal engagements each week.