With the Christmas Season upon us, the royal diary is slowing down for the Royals as they prepare to descend on Sandringham for the holidays. With the Sussexes on leave, and The Duke of Cambridge having just returned from his successful tour of the Middle East, the bulk of engagements this week are left to the Princess Royal who will be travelling across the country to fulfil her engagements and the Wessexes.
– The Duchess of Gloucester, as Royal Patron of Missing People, will attend a Carol Service at St. Martin-in-the-Fields in London’s Trafalgar Square. Missing People is the only charity in the UK which is dedicated to bringing missing children and adults back together with their families.
– The Duchess of Cornwall, Lady Sponsor, accompanied by The Prince of Wales, Admiral of the Fleet, will attend the official Commissioning Ceremony of the aircraft carrier HMS PRINCE OF WALES at Her Majesty’s Naval Base in Portsmouth.
– The Earl of Wessex as Chancellor of the University of Bath, will preside at Degree Congregations at The Assembly Rooms in Bath, and attend a dinner.
– The Countess of Wessex will attend the ABF The Soldiers’ Charity Army Carol Service at The Chapel, Royal Hospital Charity in Chelsea.
– The Princess Royal as Honorary Member of the Society of Merchant Venturers, will open the Kingfisher School in Bristol. Later on as Patron of UK Youth she will attend an Art for Youth London Reception at the Mall Galleries in London. UK Youth is a charity that provides access to services so that young people are empowered to build bright futures regardless of their backgrounds or circumstances
– The Queen will host the diplomatic corps reception at Buckingham Palace. We expect to see Prince Charles and Camilla, along with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in attendance.
– The Earl & Countess of Wessex have a joint engagement at their Bagshot Park home where they will hold a Christmas Dinner for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award of which he as a Trustee and the Women in Business Committee of which the Countess is Chairman.
– The Princess Royal has a busy day of engagements. She will spend the day in Kent where first, as Patron of the English Rural Housing Association she will open a new rural housing development. Then as patron of The Royal College of Midwives, and Patron of The Royal College of Emergency Medicine she will go on to visit the Medway Maritime Hospital in Gillingham. Back in London later that evening, she will attend a Livery Dinner at Fishmongers’ Hall, as Fourth Warden of The Fishmongers’ Company.
– The Duchess of Cornwall, as patron of Helen & Douglas House and Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity, will invite children supported by both charities to decorate the Christmas tree and meet reindeer in the garden.
– The Duke of Gloucester will attend the Royal British Legion’s Christmas Reception and Concert at the Guildhall in the heart of the City of London.
– The Countess of Wessex will represent The Queen at the Sovereign’s Parade at the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst.
– The Princess Royal will attend the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards Ceremony taking place this year in Aberdeen.