Happy birthday Princess Eugenie! The York Princess is 26 today, so we have gathered a list of ten facts about the Princess to celebrate.
1. The York sisters, Beatrice and Eugenie, were born 21 months apart, are extremely close. They are regularly seen dining together or at the same parties and bars.
2. Eugenie’s name was announced seven days after her birth. Her full name is Eugenie Victoria Helena, and is one of very few descendants of Queen Victoria to continue her name, as she decreed.
3. The Royal, and her sister, are the only granddaughters of the Queen to hold the title Princess. Zara Tindall and Lady Louise (daughter of The Earl and Countess of Wessex) do not have this.
4. She was baptised at the Church of St Mary Magdalene in Sandringham, the same location as Princess Charlotte. The media were surprisingly allowed to attend the private service.
5. Princess Eugenie began her education at Upton House School and Coworth Park, before attending St George’s School near Windsor in 2001. She also attended Marlborough College in Wiltshire, where The Duchess of Cambridge was educated for a time.
6. Aged 12, Eugenie was diagnosed with scoliosis, curvature of the spine. She underwent corrective surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, and supported their recent redevelopment appeal as patron.
7. In 2012, the Princess graduated from Newcastle University after completing a three-year combined honours degree in English literature, history of art and politics. She achieved a 2:1, making her the highest achieving Royal.
8. In 2013, she moved to New York, and started a new job at Paddle8 auction house, utilising her history of art degree skills. She goes by the name of Eugenie York in her career.
9. Princess Eugenie is currently dating Jack Brooksbank, a nightclub owner.
10. As 8th in line, the Princess does not need to ask The Queen’s permission to marry. In 2013, a change in the law restricted it to the first 6 in line.